COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines on the Correctional Institution Visits
- Publication Data ：
- Last updated：2020-04-15
- Count Views：139
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Agency of Corrections, Ministry of Justice (MJAC) is shouldering the responsibility to prevent the spread of virus inside the correctional institutions to safeguard our staff and prisoners' health. Therefore, all visitors MUST obey the following prevention guidelines:
- All people, including our staff, come to the correctional institutions for visiting or business must wear masks, and their temperatures will be checked at the main entrances. For those whose body temperature is hotter than 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 degrees Fahrenheit) will be denied to enter the institutions. In this situation, please use phone contact as an alternative.
- During the pandemic, all institutions have suspended to receive volunteers and visiting groups.
- Technical trainers could continue their training courses in the institutions, yet they have to follow the prevention measures as well.
- Companies or enterprises which cooperate our work-release programmes and hire prisoners to work shall monitor all staff's health conditions. Once there is a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case, please inform the correctional institutions immediately and follow the guidelines and regulations for a 14-day quarantine issued by the Central Epidemic Command Center and Taiwan Centers for Disease Control.
- All contact visitation is suspended. Therefore, it is expected that all of our institutions will cancel the visitation for Mother's Day this year and use phone calls, video visitation, and mobile phone visitation as alternatives.